Application Deadline: 17 July 2017, 10am
a situation, way, or place where two things come together and affect each other
HereNow explores the methods by which virtual interfaces are carving out new spaces of engagement, considering interfaces as sensory layers between us and the world.
Questioning the functional, aesthetic and socio-political experiences of new forms of virtual interfaces, the programme will consider their potential to reconfigure the way we interact with reality as we know it.
Submissions are welcomed from practitioners whose work engages with and responds to this provocation.
Selected artists receive:
- 24 hour access to a studio at The Triangle
- A stipend of £1800
- A production allowance of £500
- Curatorial support and programming opportunities
To apply, applicants must submit the following:
- 1 x Proposal for new project or production to be developed or completed during the residency period (max 750 words)
- 1 x Artist CV
- 1 x Proposal for an artist led workshop to investigate their subject collaboratively
- 1 x Completed Equal Opps Form (available for download here)
Examples of previous work (Max 15 Images; Max 4 Video Links; Max 1 PDF)
- Full Contact Details (including telephone, email, mobile number and address)
The HereNow programme is conceived as a period of development, immersion and critical investigation. Practitioners will be selected in recognition of their proposal’s compatibility with the experimental nature of each three month residency cycle, where the focus is on process over product.
Practitioners will be selected by panel comprising: Elaine Tam, Independant curator, Ilona Sagar, HereAfter residency artist and Oliver Hickmet, SPACE Art + Technology Programme Manager.
Please note SPACE are able to offer accommodation for one UK artist, who would not otherwise be able to take up residence in London. Please indicate this requirement on your application.
The residency cycles will run mid-September - mid-December 2017 and January – March 2018. Please indicate which of these you would be available for in your application.
Please note that all applications are to be submitted via email: email@example.com
SPACE Art + Technology residencies are generously supported by Arts Council England