In 2011 and 2012 SPACE supported the Nina Stewart Artist Residency at the South London Gallery – an open submission 6-month residency opportunity available to artists completing a postgraduate MA, MFA, PGDip or MRes from a UK institution.
Successful applicants were provided with:
– Rent-free accommodation in the South London Gallery’s Outset Artists’ Flat.
– A rent-free SPACE studio.
– A bursary of £5,000 towards living expenses and production costs.
– Monthly mentoring sessions with invited artists, curators and writers, as well as the Director and staff of the South London Gallery.
– An exhibition in the SLG’s first floor galleries, with an opportunity to produce an accompanying publication
The residency was aimed at enabling the production of a new body of work and a rare opportunity for a recent graduate to exhibit within an internationally renowned institution.