Last updated 14 July 2021
The UK Government is planning to lift all Covid-19 restrictions on 19 July. Risk Management will then be down to people’s personal judgement.
Please see the Government’s plans here.
Given the high level of Covid cases and the associated risks to unvaccinated and vulnerable people, SPACE is planning to take a more cautious approach and to maintain many of the established practices.
As individual leaseholders it would be ideal if each artist would assess their own general situation and practice in line with a prudent community-focused approach – in fact, to carry out your own risk assessment, whether written or not.
SPACE manages the communal areas of the buildings and the artists are responsible for their studios. In their own studio, artists may judge that they are effectively self -isolating from others in the building, but if you are sharing then you may wish to continue with mitigation strategies with regard to the mixing of too many households.
Please note that SPACE maintenance will be operating as normally as possible, but they will be wearing masks, maintaining social distancing and sanitising hands as necessary.
They may ask you to be absent when they are working in your studio. Kindly be patient with repair requests as they are dealing with a backlog.
Sanitiser, soap and paper towels will continue to be provided (please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if these are running low).
These provisions are not seen as a substitute for the guidelines of such behaviours as washing your hands regularly, but rather to augment them.
It is everyone’s responsibility to keep each other safe. We therefore ask that:
- You aim to follow prudent practices at all times.
- Sanitise or wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, on arrival at a SPACE building, and again regularly throughout your time there as appropriate.
- Observe the social distancing 2m at all times, allowing other studio holders to pass safely through entrances, corridors and other communal areas.
- Use of the kitchen areas is kept to a minimum and that everyone brings their own cutlery and mugs. It is preferable if all items are kept in your studio and would be ideal if you had your own kettle and microwave, rather than relying on a communal one. Wipe down kitchen/dining/communal surfaces before and after use with disposable kitchen towels and with suitable detergent.
- Wipe down door handles, tools and equipment after use.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze, put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
- Please wear a mask when in the communal areas of SPACE buildings.
- Please restrict the number of visitors and the size of any gatherings, as this will limit the number of people using SPACE buildings. Kindly do not use contractors without the consent of SPACE.
- Whilst SPACE is providing sanitiser and soap we ask that you also bring your own.
- You have probably already undertaken your own risk assessment, but if you have not then please do so.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing the symptoms of coronavirus and follow the latest NHS advice. If you test positive for C-19 and have been in your studio building within the previous 10 days and/or in contact with SPACE staff, please let SPACE know immediately.
Thank you for your co-operation.