3 days per week
£17,290 per annum, pro rata
Fixed term contract
We are looking for an outgoing, organised, publically engaged individual. The role of Assistant Producer is hands-on and often involves working evenings, weekends and as part of a team. The Assistant Producer must be able to communicate clear levels of support to artists and creative practitioners as well as being able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Art + Technology programme. They must be aware of the logistical requirements of a public programme and adhere to the relevant security and health and safety policies.
The Assistant Producer will report directly to the Art + Technology Programme Manager at SPACE and will work as part of a team to facilitate the successful planning, production and delivery of all Art + Technology events.
They will be responsible for:
- Providing general administrative support – including marketing activity and services procurement.
- Helping to co-ordinate the public programme at The White Building in order to help deliver agreed targets and to raise the profile of both The White Building and the Art + Technology Programme at SPACE.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with internal and external individuals at all levels.
- Excellent administration skills, with a methodical approach and attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Experience in coordinating technical set-up and installation build of exhibitions and public events, including talks and performances – and delivering on time and within budget.
Full job description details can be found via the links below.
To apply for this role, please download the application form here.
When you send your application to us, please make sure you enclose the following:
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Equal Opportunities form.
(The information will remain confidential and is for monitoring purposes only. It will not be used in the selection process)
Please note that accuracy and attention to detail will be rated very highly.
DEADLINE: Monday 2 May, 5pm
INTERVIEWS: Monday 9 May
Please send completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
129-131 Mare St.
SPACE is committed to equality of opportunity in recruitment. We value a diverse team and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.