This panel discussion was a stimulating evening discussing how creative businesses and artists can benefit by developing your profile as environmentally friendly. Can artists and creative businesses earn more money by promoting your environmental credentials?
Here is a list of the panels best sustainable suppliers in London:
- Info on ethical jewelry making - articles and addresses from precious metals to printing
- Scrap store for recycled materials from paint to workshop supplies (Homerton and across the UK)
- Recycled paint suppliers in Leyton
- Printers (Oxfordshire)
Olly Lawder from Futerra, the world’s leading sustainability communications agency, chaired the event.
He was joined by 3 panelists who have a strong sustainability profile and use it for business development in their creative practice.
- Tim Mitchell, a photographer who focuses on issues of waste, sustainability and the environment (http://www.timmitchell.co.uk).
- Fourth Wall Creations, public artists who combine sustainable materials and a site-specific environmental sensibility (http://fourthwallcreations.com).
- Ute Decker, artist famous for minimalist wearable sculptures in sustainable & fair trade materials (http://www.utedecker.com)
New Creative Markets (NCM) is a programme part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and delivered by SPACE, Cockpit Arts, Four Corners and Photofusion. New Creative Markets assists London-based small creative companies and freelancers in the digital image, design, designer making and visual arts sectors to access new markets and develop their sales. SPACE offers a tailored programme of workshops and one-to-ones to artists and designers. Click here for more information.