Sara Lane, Hoxton
N1

40 studios leased since 1996.

A ground floor and basement car park converted to artists’ workspaces in 1994 by Avanti architects (Studios 1—22) and in a second phase (Studios 23—40) in 2000 by architects Clements and Porter.

Sara Lane studios predominantly houses designer-makers, particularly furniture makers and textile designers. Studios 1—22 have a slightly higher rent as they have background heating from October — April. Some studios are wheelchair accessible with adapted toilets on both floors.

The studios are situated underneath a block of flats, Sara Lane Court, named after legendary Hoxton theatre manager Sarah Lane (1822-99).

The ground floor of Sara Lane studios has step-free access.

Walking distance from Old Street underground station, and near to Paintworks and the Geffrye Museum.

Location map
Studio 2, 122sqft — £140