1 Day Course
Times: 10.30am to 4.30pm
Instructor: Dionne King
This one-day hands-on course familiarised students with Apple’s professional colour grading application by covering the basics of colour balancing and correction, as well as the finer points of grading.
- Setting up a project and managing a workflow through the Color Rooms
- Setting up; Primary In; Secondary Rooms; Color FX; Primary Out; Geometry; Still Store; Final Print; Transferring Final Cut Pro Projects to Color; Standard-definition and High-definition Formats; Frame Rates; Project Frame Sizes; Broadcast Safe Settings; and Preventing Illegal Video Signals.
- Making Basic Adjustments
- Understanding Scopes; Adjusting Contrast; Primary Color Balancing; Defining; Lift; Gain and Gamma; Hue Controls and Correction; Saturation Controls and Correction
- Creating and Recalling Grades: Advanced Primary Correction
- Basic Secondary Correction
- Applying Effects and Creating Looks: Color FX Room
- Rendering, Exporting and Archiving
- Shots to Render Queue; Print Options; Final Gather Options; Exporting JPEGs; and Exporting
Each student had their own workstation for the practical parts of the course and discussed any specific areas of interest they had towards the end of the day with the tutor.
020 8525 4330